In July 2012, Google conducted a “What Users Want From Business Today” on 1,088 adult smartphone users, and here are some of the noteworthy discoveries:
- 61% of people said that they’d quickly move onto another site if they didn’t find what they were looking for right away on a mobile site.
- 67% of users are more likely to buy from a mobile-friendly site,
- While nearly 75% of users prefer a mobile-friendly site, 96% of consumers say they’ve encountered sites that were clearly not designed for mobile devices.
- 74% of users say they’re also more likely to return to a site in the future if it’s mobile-friendly.
- 50% of people said that even if they like a business, they will use them less often if the website isn’t mobile-friendly
What do these Findings Imply for Modern Day Businesses?
- If your company doesn’t have a mobile-friendly site, it will eventually lose business, as a result.
- Since competition will provide what customers’ demand if you don’t, a mobile-friendly site is essential, if you want to stay current.
- A mobile-friendly site is imperative to maintaining brand reputation, to building strong relationships with customers, keeping up with competition and also preserving high sales.