Posted by Ajay Tejwani | Posted in Social Media | Posted on 22-05-2011
Facebook has now become more than just as social network where you can connect with your friends. It is a business platform, a shopping guide, an information center and even a free advice tool. Almost every small or big business uses Facebook as a means to connect with old and new customers. Even doctors and other healthcare professionals use Facebook to connect with their patients and use it to spread the word for them.
For businesses, the best way to advertise is to have a Facebook contest. A contest on Facebook will ensure that you reach to maximum participants at a very low investment cost with ensured high returns. These contests on Facebook can be in many forms such as photos, advertising captions, sharing tips and quotes and rewarding likes.
Facebook Contest Guidelines
The latest guidelines to running contests on Facebook make it mandatory for you to use a third party application for running the contest.
Here are some main points of the contest guidelines:
- The contest should not require the participant to like a page, connect to an application and check in to a page.
- The contest should not be conditional i.e. you cannot impose conditions such as liking a page or post, posting a comment and uploading a photo.
- You also cannot use the Facebook like button for voting purposes.
- No use of social network’s brand, trademarks, copyrights or intellectual property for a promotion or contest is allowed.
- What to keep in mind before running a Facebook contest
- Of course, you will have to keep the above guidelines in mind if you want to start a promotion or new product launch contests on Facebook. Otherwise you will be facing a strict warning or even lose your page. Make sure that you check out https://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php.
- Give away as many prizes as you can so that more and more people are interested. Keep the contest simple do not confuse your participants with complicated entries and conditions and be as catchy and original as possible.
I would like to hear what you think of the Facebook guidelines and how you have used Facebook contests for your business.